Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
DECH GEN PHARM
Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
Temporary Full Time
Pharmacist 1 (PH01)
HOURS OF WORK:
Day, Evening, Rotating, TEMP: May 23, 2023 to March 31, 2024, Subject to change due to operational requirements
$42.1247 to $53.6084 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 13% benefit premium as per SHCP collective agreement article 57.02(a))
The Staff Pharmacist is responsible for performing activities to ensure the safe use and effective management of medications.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
- Registered or eligible for licensure with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists and licensed to practice in New Brunswick.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Staff Pharmacist is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating client pharmaceutical care plans
- Participating in medication distribution services
- Communicating medication information to members of the interdisciplinary team
- Leading and participating in pharmacy based projects, medication safety and quality improvement initiatives
- Supervising pharmacy technicians
- Acting as a preceptor
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s Terms of Employment:
Competencies identified by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) 2009:
- Patient Care
- Communication and Education
- Professional Collaboration and Teamwork
- Drug Distribution
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Responsibilities
- Understanding Management Principles
- Drug, Therapeutics and Practice Information
Competencies identified Horizon Health Network
- Decision Making
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Interpersonal Relations
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by May 14, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2023- 68855 -External
. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.