232 Toronto St South, RR 1, Uxbridge, Ontario, L9P 0C4Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
To manage the operations of the Pharmacy while on duty, including providing consultation to both customers and health care providers, practice to full scope in providing professional services, dispensing medication, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pharmacy and Customer Service
- Acknowledge all customers approaching the Pharmacy
- Practice within federal/provincial, regulatory/legal requirements
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management
- Provide counselling on prescriptions, over the counter/behind the counter products
- Practice to full extent of expanded scope with Professional Services, within your capability
- Be clearly identifiable to the public
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions dispensed
- Communicate with other health care professionals within the circle of care to provide customer care
- Maintain all records required in accordance with legislation, standards of practice, and policy
Workflow and Inventory Management:
- Control access to the dispensary with respect to inventory and patient confidentiality
- Review and maintain Workflow Queues on a daily basis
- Regular review of ‘will call’ bins, in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures
- Review of stock to identify expired inventory
- Oversight of current stock levels and medication orders from wholesaler
- Ensure all requirements for documentation and control of substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and Regulations are met and reporting to Health Canada and regulatory bodies
- Ensure entry/pickup workstations, counselling/waiting areas, and work islands reflect an appropriate image of the Pharmacy
- Involvement with financial reports as appropriate
- Read and action store communications on in-store web
- File incident reports when any customer or staff medication or privacy incidents occur
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Independent thinking and decision making - makes decisions when dealing with issues or problems
- Plan, coordinate and delegate assignments and provide coaching to Pharmacy colleagues
- Proven ability to drive and build the business, lead by example and support enterprise programs
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Strong problem-solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills and knowledge of Pharmacy systems a definite asset
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed to provide a healthy and safe work environment
- Complete mandatory training and voluntary continuing education workshops, as needed
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please use this link to apply or email me your resume firstname.lastname@example.org