Description: Pharmacy Driver
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Delivers/ Collects items by preparing, loading, unloading, operating, and cleaning a van; developing sales; maintaining records; other miscellaneous tasks as required by the pharmacy manager.
* Prepares van for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tyre pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to roadability standards.
* Loads van by ordering, placing, and securing items.
* Delivers/ Collects items by identifying destinations; establishing the shortest route; operating the van; loading and unloading items; maintaining schedule.
* You must always be smartly presented for work.
* Complete/ maintain all paperwork/ documents required by Pharmacy Care Matters.
* Adhere to Pharmacy Care Matters policies and procedures.
* Serves customers by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints; adjusting orders.
* Obtains payment by accepting cash, cheques, and credit card payments.
* Maintains van operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
* Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organisation operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans van exterior and interior.
* Maintains delivery, van, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and van performance forms.
* At all times maintain absolute patient confidentiality.
* At all times maintain good Information and Clinical Governance practices.
* Be prepared to cover the work of colleagues when they are absent through annual leave or illness.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
* Enhances organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Other duties at the request of the pharmacy manager, which may include: maintaining the grounds, waste management, miscellaneous tasks in the pharmacy, cleaning etc
Data Entry Skills, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Deadline-Oriented, Travel, Acute Vision, Lifting, Selling to Customer Needs, Dependability
This job description will be reviewed on a regular basis and may be revised as the work of the dispensary requires.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Freelance
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
- delivery driver: 1 year (preferred)
- driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Reference ID: 29/01