We are looking for a motivated team member who is able to work calmly and accurately under pressure to join our pharmacy procurement team at the Princess Royal University Hospital.
The successful candidate will need to embrace change with a positive attitude, and be able to work well in a team as well as working on their own using their own initiative.
To support the lead procurement and distribution technicians with the ordering of all pharmaceuticals.
To ensure that invoices are passed within the pharmacy department in a timely and efficient manner following local policies and procedures with comply with the Trusts Standing Financial Instructions.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c£1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King’s to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King’s is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone’s contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust’s carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible.
1. To review and process system generated orders with wholesalers/suppliers using multiple electronic ordering systems according to agreed schedule, gaining appropriate authorisation according to standing financial instructions.
2. To liaise with pharmaceutical companies & lead technicians:
- to ensure timely receipt of orders not received within lead time
- to resolve in the first instance any supply issues and price queries
- to support distribution with the handling of damaged or short dated goods
- to arrange wholesaler and supplier credits
3. Ensuring the prompt processing of pharmacy stock requests within the trust, completing all necessary documentation and organising transport arrangements.
4. To communicate effectively with lead technicians in regard to stock shortages, to-follows information, pricing queries, stock discrepancies and general supply information.
5. To review reports regarding contract amendments for the timely update of the pharmacy computer system and other electronic ordering systems with regard to contract information, product & supplier mappings and drug costs.
6. To maintain EDI systems with up to date mappings for contract and non-contract lines including prices.
7. To regularly review out of stock items including to-follows to ensure the most cost effective option is purchased in line with contracting.
8. To ensure all off contract purchases are, recorded and wherever possible reclaimed. To maintain all relevant documentation, monitor and follow up payment of outstanding revenue.
9. To support the completion of Commercial Medicines Unit Contract Variance Reports, liaising with lead technicians for unresolved discrepancies.
10. To assist with the maintenance of the drug and supplier file, including amendments to existing drugs.
11. To collate records for Radiopharmaceuticals, generation of orders and ensuring charges are allocated to the correct units.
12. To ensure documentation is accurately completed and filed as necessary.
1. To process invoices for drugs, medical gases and related sundries using the pharmacy computer system in a timely and accurate manner.
2. To check all entries on invoices are correct with respect to goods received including checking quantities, prices against delivery notes and bringing any errors to the lead technician’s attention.
3. To check that the prices charged on invoices are correct with respect to national, regional and local contracts and query with wholesalers and suppliers as necessary to resolve.
4. To check that the correct contract brand of goods were ordered and bring any errors to the lead technician’s attention.
5. To resolve any invoice/statement queries and chase credit notes with wholesalers and suppliers.
6. To file paperwork in an efficient, organised manner retrievable for financial audit.
7. To assist with writing and maintaining procedures relating to invoicing.
8. To collate records for Radio Pharmaceutical Drugs, raising orders, controlling invoices and ensuring charges apportioned to the correct units.
9. To review outstanding orders and invoices and investigate where appropriate.
10. To liaise with the finance department in answering and rectifying queries.
1. To assist in the provision of financial reporting cover in the absence of lead technicians.
2. Assist in the training of appropriate staff members, in all procurement duties.
3. To act as a role model for new starters and junior staff.
4. To attend promptly to all stakeholders both internal and external and provide a high standard of customer service.
5. Complying with all trust and departmental policies and procedures, working safely and efficiently, including any other relevant duties in other areas, as may be required by the Director of Pharmacy.
6. To be responsible for data accuracy on the computer system.
7. To undergo training to ensure competence including attending training courses/study days as necessary, including keeping up to date with mandatory and statutory training.
8. To attend departmental meetings, keeping oneself informed and communicating information as necessary.