Please note: We can provide Sponsorship to the candidates requiring Skilled worker Visa. Newly qualified pharmacists and provisionally registered pharmacists are welcome to apply.
- GPhC fee reimbursement
- Employer funded Independent prescribing course (subject to employer's terms and conditions)
- Visa fee reimbursement
- Relocation package
- Full support from the Group Management team throughout employment
- Branch Performance based annual bonus
- Opportunity to become part of the Group Management
- Employee Discount
- Access to third-party discounts, including retail etc
Who we are
Wellbeing Pharmacy is a growing Chain of Pharmacies serving the local communities for over a decade. The Pharmacy was founded on key values of enthusiasm and professionalism towards patient cantered care. We continue to strive to work closely with healthcare professionals, patients and their carers to achieve outstanding healthcare and general well being. The success and growth of our pharmacies is testament to our dedication in providing a high standard of care and service. We work hard to support the ever-changing needs of the healthcare industry and are committed to offering the best advice and healthcare to our patients, customers and colleagues.
We are delighted to announce that we have fantastic opportunities for Pharmacists to join our team at our various branches including Wellbeing Pharmacy, New Exmouth, EX8 1QD.
What you will be expected to do
As a valued member of our pharmacy team, you will help ensure that our customers and patients get the best possible service every time they visit our Pharmacy. Through your passion to deliver a great healthcare service and your ability to provide professional advice, you'll play an important role in your local community. The knowledge and training you gain at Wellbeing Pharmacy will enable you to deliver products and services that have a direct, positive impact on people's lives.
The typical duties/responsibilities will include but will not be limited to;
- Preparation of prescribed medicines in liquid, powder, tablet, ointment or other form following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals
- Analysing drugs to determine their identity, purity and strength
- Highlighting a drug's potential side effects, identifying harmful interactions with other drugs, and assessing the suitability of treatments for patients with particular health conditions
- Ensuring that the Controlled Drugs Register is maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and that all company procedures for controlled drugs handling within the pharmacy are followed (including patient returned CDs and out-of-date pharmacy stock of CDs)
- Regularly monitor the NHS claims for dispensing or other services, document such checks and take steps to address issues which may arise
- Ensuring that all key targets are met and that excellent standards are consistently delivered
- Maintaining safe operation and appearance by complying with NHS, GPhC and other regulatory policies, procedures and standards
- Clinical screening of prescriptions for Care Home Residents.
- Checking dispensed prescriptions prepared in Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS) ensuring all parameters are met and all MAR charts and documentation provided is accurate and safe to use.
- Liaising with Care Home staff, prescribers, surgeries, nurses and hospital staff.
- Responsible for carrying out periodical medication audits at Residential and Nursing Homes
- Providing professional advice for Care homes on how to comply with legal requirements and meeting CQC Standards.
What do we require?
To be successful in this role, you will
- Be a registered Pharmacist in the UK
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community Pharmacy and provide the best care for our local community
- Have love of working collaboratively with a team-cantered approach
- Have excellent knowledge of Pharmacy operations and provisions of National and local services
- Have excellent communication skills as you will be holding face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in the Pharmacy
- Have appropriate knowledge of MS office suit
- Have good Understanding of how a Pharmacy operates under the NHS remunerative system
- Willingness and ability to take command and lead the Pharmacy team to enhance current services as well as develop new and innovative services.
- The successful candidate will be someone with a proven track record however we are also hiring newly qualified Pharmacists
Required Qualification and registration
- You must be a registered Pharmacist in the UK with a valid registration number.
From £42,000/gross per annum for newly qualified pharmacists and provisionally registered pharmacists.
For experienced pharmacists, the salary is negotiable and will be based on experience.
Appropriate relocation package will be offered
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £42,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Store discounts
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Exmouth, EX8 1QD: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Will you have valid GPhC registration by the job start date? (required)
Application deadline: 14/07/2022
Reference ID: RP-018-JUL22
Expected start date: 01/09/2022