Summary of the Environmental, Health & Safety Director role
As the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Director the main purpose of your role will be to manage the EHS operation and team at Dudley whilst providing a comprehensive and professional EHS service to Sterling.
Reporting directly to the EVP/Site Lead you will operate as a member of the Site Leadership Team and will devise and implement the EHS strategy as well as providing leadership on EHS issues.
The role will be based at our Dudley Site, Northumberland and company Headquarters which is 8 miles north of Newcastle Upon Tyne just minutes from the A1, providing great transport links to and from the city.
Sterling is offering relocation support for the right candidate.
- Working with the EVP and Site to ensure EHS remains our number one priority in line with our values.
- Working with the EVP and Site Lead to agree required levels of EHS support to be delivered by the department as well as agreeing the key priorities for EHS in the UK, developing action programmes and targets to meet legal requirements and Sterling standards.
- Providing the management team in the UK with an expert guidance service on EHS matters, identifying issues which could result in cost of loss of reputation.
- Monitoring EHS performance, providing a regular digest for Sterling KPI's for Dudley and propose action programmes for improvement and management analysis.
- Managing internal EHS Management Systems and audit programmes.
- Representing Sterling UK with the trade associations, where required and appropriate.
- Providing the Dudley site with a proactive occupational health service.
- Monitoring legislation, appraising management teams of impact and ensuring positive input into consultations.
- Managing the Sterling emergency procedure providing support in crisis situations, expert opinion and emergency communications coordination.
- Ensuring compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy.
- Managing environmental compliance and performance as the business transitions into IED.
- Coaching and leading the EHS team.
- You will have direct accountability for the setting and monitoring of the EHS fixed cost budget and review of capital spend.
- Embodying our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
Requirements for the role
How you will be rewarded
- Degree in a Chemistry or Engineering discipline with additional EHS qualifications.
- Previous experience at a Senior level in an EHS role is essential. Additionally significant experience in a technical, manufacturing or engineering role would be desirable.
- In depth knowledge of current and future EHS legislation with the ability to manage and lead an integrated EHS team.
- Must be able to operate at "SLT" Level as part of a team setting the strategy, business objectives and planning programmes.
- Strong communicator who understands the needs of the business and can act with initiate to solve them.
- Innovative thinker who leverages their industry experience to deliver the best possible solutions for our customers and for Sterling.
- Be relentless in the pursuit of improving EHS at Sterling Dudley.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare, Engagement Hub, cycle to work scheme, death in service coverage, on-site health and wellbeing support including medical consultations and physiotherapy, 24/7 employee assistance programme, employee referral scheme, sports and social club as well as opportunity for training and further career development.Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years' experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, US and Europe, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.How to apply
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Be caring. Be transparent. Be willing. Be reliable.