We are looking for an enthusiastic, efficient, and organised individual to join our Stores & Distribution Team within the Pharmacy Department at Wirral University Teaching Hospital.
We are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who can work alone and as part of a team. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate.
The candidate must possess GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above including English, Mathematics. You will also be required to undertake a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practices for Pharmacy Support Staff.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, as they will be working within a busy team and will be communicating with a variety of professionals across the Trust.
The successful candidate will be provided with full training and will be required to work across sites at both Clatterbridge and Arrowe Park Hospital.
- Receive medicinal products from suppliers in line with (SOPs).
- Ensure all pharmaceutical preparations are stored appropriately within the Wirral Pharmacy Stores.
- Input goods into the Pharmacy Robot (automated stock receipt and picking system).
- Against a pre-defined ward/department/clinic stock top-up sheet, visit the area to determine stock requirements.
- Pick pharmaceutical products in Central Pharmacy Stores (CPS) against the pharmacy computer generated picking list for wards and departments and outside clinics
- Accuracy check stock medicines to ensure that stock is picked correctly.
- Deal with ad hoc stock requests as they arise from wards/departments and outside clinics.
- Deal with queries and provide information to staff within clinical areas within and external to the Trust.
- Undertake the daily stock reconciliation process. This requires knowledge of the ordering, goods receipt, distribution, inter-site transfer of stock and dispensing processes..
- Assemble emergency drug boxes in accordance with a manufacturing worksheet and make necessary stock movement on the pharmacy stock control system.
- Manually handle IV fluids, bulk feed deliveries and manoeuver cages and tote boxes for delivery to external customers e.g. wards/departments and outside clinics.
- Understand the health and safety considerations associated with pharmaceutical products and how to deal with a spill from a hazardous substance e.g. cytotoxic drugs, dealing with spills.
As one of the North West’s biggest and busiest hospitals our Vision and Values set out what our patients can expect from us.
Our Vision and Values have been developed with the feedback of over 2,500 staff, patients and visitors who told us what matters most to them.
Delivering the best quality and safest care requires teamwork. Within our organisation this means staff supporting each other to achieve our shared ambitions. Outside of our hospitals it’s about working more effectively with other providers across the health and social care sector.
Please see the job overview and the attached job description for further information about the role.