Are you motivated to join a dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role? Are you interested in a career where you can make an impact on the well-being of others? Get to know Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services:
We are a collaboration of four premier health employers Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, Providence and Vancouver Coastal Health and provide an integrated approach to pharmaceutical care and service excellence patients, residents and clients committed to investing in your professional development in building an environment where you can advance your career. Position Highlights:
We currently have an exciting Re gular Part -Time
opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician
to join our team at the Pharmacy Production Center
located in Vancouver , BC
Effective October 26 th , 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, here’s why we believe you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Our pharmacy team always aspires to improve and achieve the best possible care for our patients and improve their quality of life.
We aim to build an environment where you love the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor handling our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we build outstanding workplaces. Apply now to join our excellent team!
One team, best pharmacy care, better lives.
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope/standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist; receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic; prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions; ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions; processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence; transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies; enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system; maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.Responsibilities
- Processes clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to a patient, client or resident.
- Receives prescriptions (verbal and non verbal) from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepares and processes prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products according to established procedures. Pre-packages oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leave of absence by methods such as reviewing, translating and converting existing inpatient medication orders previously reviewed and approved by a pharmacist.
- Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
- Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
- Maintains accurate records such as medication verification and the results of quality assurance checks.
- Distributes medications and maintains relevant inventory, wardstock and narcotic records.
- Maintains inventory and wardstock levels. Fills wardstock and narcotic requisitions.
- Identifies outdated drugs to be returned or destroyed by checking stock for lot expiry dates.
- Maintains department work areas by ensuring tidiness and order. Stocks pharmaceuticals, labels, containers and glassware in accordance with established procedures and standards.
- Performs related clerical duties such as keyboarding, answering telephone, filing and maintaining medication and prescription records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.