This is an exciting opportunity for a pharmacist to join our award winning REACT(Reactive, Emergency, Assessment, Community, Team) service.
The post-holder will work closely with the REACT service to lead the delivery of pharmaceutical care and the Medicine Optimisation agenda to frail patients in the community including the virtual ward and care homes.
The successful candidate will have a passion for frailty and lead on developing frailty throughout the REACT service and will be based within our Ipswich Community hub at Constantine House with our REACT service.
To lead and provide a specialist clinical pharmacist service to REACT & the frailty virtual ward within the Ipswich & East Suffolk community.
1. To work closely with the Frailty Interface team, REACT, consultant geriatrician & consultant nurse to provide comprehensive geriatric assessment to patients with decompensated frailty to ensure rapid delivery of treatment, care planning and hospital admission prevention where appropriate
2. To undertake structured medication review for patients referred to REACT/frailty virtual ward, including recommendations to discontinue inappropriate items, alter doses where necessary, initiate medicines if required, ensure appropriate monitoring is carried out and support referral to other services where appropriate. Communicate plan to the patient’s GP, practice pharmacist, community pharmacy and other relevant stakeholders
3. Promote and ensure safe, clinical, and cost-effective drug prescribing and administration within REACT
4. Povide an advanced level of specialist pharmacy clinical service to Frailty, including: • a referral services
- attendance at clinical meeting
5. Confirm and document important factors affecting the patient’s ability to manage their medicines at home such as loss of sight, hearing, manual dexterity, or memory
6. To counsel patients or carers including those with complex medication regimens, medication compliance concerns and communication barriers such as disabilities, confusion, or intentional non-compliance
One of the largest Trust’s in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients’ own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is thatTime Mattersto everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8A
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.