The Front-End Pharmacy Assistant works closely on a daily basis with the Member Contact Centre and the Pharmacy to process member prescription requests. The Front-End Pharmacy Assistant will be responsible for processing prescription refills through Kroll and responding to and taking action on member requests as appropriate within his/her scope of practice.Key Responsibilities
- Accurately process prescriptions through Kroll including third party adjudication and rescheduling of next fill
- Recording and maintaining member information in the CRM system
- Answering calls from patients, collecting information, processing RX orders and other types of service requests
- Obtaining prescription transfers from specialty pharmacies
- Answer questions and/or resolve customer issues according to Ontario College of Pharmacist’s regulations. uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions
- Fax and call renewal requests to doctors and maintain member communications channels to ensure that the member does not run out of medications
- Call members for upcoming refills and renewals
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems of all contacts (internal/external) to maintain high quality customer service
- Manage team mailboxes/e-mails
- Aid in management assigned tasks and projects
- Work collaboratively with other Registered Technicians, Member Advisors and Supervisors to ensure that best practices are shared
- Other responsibilities commonly performed by specialty pharmacy assistants from time to time.
Express Scripts Canada Is a Cigna Company
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma or Equivalent Experience
- 3 years’ specialty pharmacy experience
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills, including knowledge about the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Experience in a Contact Centre would be an asset
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of healthcare/specialty pharmacy, medical supplies & equipment and claims processing
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literate, possessing intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in Kroll software
- CRM Experience is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to situations and adaptable to change
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance and delivery of service excellence
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, and the ability to shift priorities working within established timelines
- Demonstrates initiative (learn processes and procedures, various benefits) and displays self-motivation to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate difficult situations.
- Results-oriented paying attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Accuracy in Data Entry is mandatory
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada's leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Do not email email@example.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.