We have an exciting opportunity in our Mid Essex’s service, where we are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and experienced general practice pharmacist to come and work in our general practice services/Urgent Care Centres in Mid Essex (Chelmsford and Braintree). As our pharmacist you will be committed to developing your knowledge and skills to improve and deliver excellent patient care with our general practice service.
HCRG Care Group provide a high-quality general practice service across Mid & South Essex, as well as supporting local PCN’s. As well as working on internal projects that maybe in - Mental Health, Diabetes etc.
As our pharmacist you will work alongside a clinical team of GP's ANP's and Practice Nurses as well as primary care network of pharmacists. With the support your colleague’s you will deliver a high quality of care with a focus on older people with frailty (multi-morbidity), patients with long term conditions, cardiovascular disease, asthma/COPD, and diabetes.Package Description
As a Clinical Pharmacist, you will receive a competitive salary. Additional rewards and benefits include:
- A competitive salary of £45,000.00 Negotiable - including AfC Terms as well as NHS pension
- Free tea, coffee, and milk at your base location
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover life’s emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing – from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our ‘Outstanding’ learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where you’re encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care – backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with majority of our rated services holding “good” or “outstanding” ratings from the Care Quality Commission
- Access to clinical supervision, professional support and mentoring from the Primary Care business unit wide Lead Pharmacist.
As post holder you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and provide clinical pharmacy leadership for the general practice services, and will include:
- Medication Reviews
- Chronic disease management
- Medicines optimisation
Training and supervision within service will also make up an important part of this role, as you will be required to support less experienced pharmacists to manage proactively and competently.
- Repeat prescribing systems
- Deal with acute prescription requests
- Medicines reconciliation on transfer of care,
- Putting in place systems for safer prescribing
Other responsibilities will include:
The Ideal Candidate
- Clinical Medication Reviews
- Care home medication reviews
- Domiciliary clinical medication review
- Medicines support
- Telephone medicines support
- Medicine information to practice staff and patients
- Unplanned hospital admissions
- Documents management
- Repeat prescribing
- Risk stratification
- Service development
- Information management
- Medicines quality improvement
- Medicines safety
- Education and Training
- Public health
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience with at least 2 years in General Practice
- Master’s degree in pharmacy (MPharm) (or equivalent)
- Clinical Pharmacy Diploma or equivalent training e.g., NHS Pathway training for PBPs Independent prescriber
- Certificate in Non-medical prescribing
About The Company
- Experience of using prescribing qualification in General Practice
- Evidence of further education in clinical pharmacy e.g., Completion of NHS Pathway Training for Practice Pharmacists or a Clinical Pharmacy Diploma (to apply for exemption from the NHS pathway training)
- Experience of working across a range of pharmacy settings
- Experience of leading and developing multidisciplinary clinical teams
- Registration Essential
- Professional Registration
- Mandatory registration with General Pharmaceutical Council
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We’re a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn’t happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and we’ll need to close it earlier than the date we’ve shown here. If you’re keen to join our team, we’d love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
As you’d expect, safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with is of the utmost importance so we have policies and procedures in place to promote safeguarding and safer working practices and everyone who joins the team is subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
HCRG Care Group