We are looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our team in our London Road pharmacy in Alvaston, Derby.
The hours for the position will be 23 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 6pm and Friday, 10am to 6pm (with an hour for lunch).The Role Will Include
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Provide a high standard of customer service, in order to attract and retain customers.
- Receive and check in prescriptions, ensuring details are legible and complete and collecting appropriate levy or verifying exemption.
- To promote products and services, in order to maximise branch sales
- Refer customers on to other healthcare professionals, including the pharmacist, following the Standard Operating Procedure for Sign-Posting
- Receive incoming stock and store it correctly, completing documentation, minimising damage and effectively rotating stock to minimise expired stock, notifying suppliers of any discrepancies
- Carry out good housekeeping procedures regularly and effectively, including duties on any cleaning rota
- Perform cashing up and banking duties
- Have previous community pharmacy experience
- Be able to deliver excellent customer service
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be keen to learn about our products and services
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is self-motivated and has a genuine interest in the pharmacy sector.
There will be the opportunity to take part in our excellent training and development programme, so that you are confident in providing expert advice on our medicines, professional services and general healthcare.