Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.caFOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
The Pharmacist will be responsible for meeting the medication related needs of the patients which will include maintaining records and drug profiles, education to patients, families and caregivers and to positively contribute to maximize medication safety for all patients and the medication management system.
Supervision of pharmacy technicians and managing pharmacy operations while providing dispensary coverage.Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Sc. Phm.) or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D)
- Licensed and registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Acute care hospital pharmacy experience
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and to assess situations and problems efficiently and effectively
- Individual must be highly motivated, personable, knowledgeable and possess excellent communication skills
- Patient oriented and patient focused
- Ability to work well within an inter-professional team and to foster effective working relationships
- Ability to exercise initiative and observe strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated focus on internal/external customer service and partnerships
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Proficiency with Pharmacy computer systems
- Experience with an automated unit dose drug distribution system and IV Admixture services including provision of neonatal and adult TPN is preferred
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram .