This unique role offers the chance to be part of a growing team within the QE Facilities Outpatient Pharmacy based in the Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust. The individual will have the opportunity to build strong relationships with customers and be part of a growing service.
1. Work with the Pharmacy team to support the safe transfer of medicines to patients.
2. Be adaptable to working with technology such as driver handsets, to support daily tasks.
3. Support the QEF Pharmacy to maintain the legal and regulatory standards.
4. Contribute to continuous quality improvement.
5. Understand the QE Facilities Pharmacy and QE Facilities Business strategy and objectives.
6. Agree individual objectives at appraisal and performance review meetings with line manager.
7. Work with your line manager to identify individual training needs and establish a Personal Development Plan.
QE Facilities (QEF) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust (GHNT), based in the North East of England.
We provide a range of non- clinical services to GHNT and other NHS organisations. Our services include: estates, facilities services, procurement, medical engineering and devices, endoscopy decontamination and sterile services, transport, out-patient pharmacy, and prevention & management of violence & aggression training (PMVA).
In addition we provide consultancy services, advising clients on all aspects of establishing a subsidiary company within an NHS body to the provision of VAT compliance advice.
- 1. Ability to work as a Responsible Pharmacist and promote the legal and regulatory standards of a GPhC registered Pharmacy.
2. Understand the individual role and responsibilities of all staff engaged in the registered Pharmacy and understand when to report issues to the Superintendent Pharmacist.
3. Understand the principle of ‘safer care’ and promote a ‘just culture’ environment for error reporting and learning from previous dispensing errors.