About the role
At Tesco, people are at the heart of everything we do, and this couldn’t be truer for our pharmacy team.
As a Duty Pharmacy Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on others’ lives. Whether you’re supporting pharmacists, providing top-notch services to customers, or fostering community spirit, your work will touch the lives of hundreds of people every day.
We want to help you be at your best, whatever life brings. That's why we’ll offer you uninterrupted "me time" away from the pharmacy to relax, refuel, and recharge.
Aside from these healthy breaks, you’ll also have bags of career choice with leadership training plans from industry experts, so there’s every chance to progress. And if you’ve got an idea for how we can improve things, we’ll make sure you’re given the chance to be heard.
It all adds up to a role where you can do good, and feel good, while developing your career. Let’s make every day a little better.
You will be responsible for
- You’ll supply prescriptions, deliver a range of NHS and Private services and provide healthcare advice to customers
- You'll play an active role in our charities support program giving advice to people in the community at risk of or living with cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- You’ll support the Pharmacy Manager to lead, train, and develop colleagues.
- You’ll support the Pharmacy Manager in building relationships with Primary Care Networks and GPs’ surgeries
- You'll ensure accurate payment claims for NHS-covered items.
You will need
- You’ll have a Pharmacy Degree.
- You’ll be passionate about leading and empowering a team.
- You’ll be a member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and be willing to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme – we’ll help you with this when we offer you the role.
- You’ll complete a DBS check (organised by us) before employment.
Our Duty Pharmacy Managers are supported by wider store teams, such as security, stock replenishment, range management, and administration to ensure a smooth and consistent experience for our customers and patients, whilst maintaining theirs and our colleague’s safety.
Tesco Pharmacies offers colleagues a high level of working flexibility and control over their work rotas. This enables routine overlap periods with other pharmacists on duty, so ideas about patient care and colleague development can be worked on together.
To us, inclusivity means everyone’s voice is heard and you feel comfortable bringing every part of yourself to work. We celebrate and value everything that makes you, you. We make sure that all colleagues have equal access to opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and lots of business areas. So, we can definitely find something that works for you.
Ts & Cs
Tesco only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here.
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am, after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
Some roles may close earlier than advertised due to high volumes of applicants, so it’s a good idea to get your application in early. We can only offer individual feedback to interviewed candidates.
If your application is successful, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com
What’s in it for you
Our Pharmacies are led and supported exclusively by Pharmacists; we are always looking to develop new ways to deliver the best service possible for our communities.
Along with providing a secure and flexible work environment, we offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Your GPhC fee covered by us, every year.
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) and a personal day.
- Savings of up to £1500 a year on most Tesco purchases.
- Annual Bonus Scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- A pharmacy training programme exclusive to Tesco, in partnership with Diabetes UK, Cancer Research UK and British Heart Foundation.
- A structured training plan for Pharmacy Leadership, crafted by industry specialists.
- Great colleague discounts that save you money on everyday purchases.
- For those that need it, expert support through the application process for the new UK health and social care visa.
- Click here to read more about employee benefits.