TITLE OF POST: Pharmacy Quality Assurer
STATUS: 35 hours per week Permanent – Full Time. (Part time considered)
SALARY: £32,884 per annum (pro-rata)
LOCATION: Remote/ home based
Open Awards is seeking a pharmacy quality assurer to provide pharmacy specific technical advice to providers and colleagues, externally quality assure portfolios of learner evidence, and oversee End-point Assessment decisions.
This is an important role that will ensure compliance with regulators including Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
FUNCTION OF THE POST:
- Provide pharmacy specific technical advice and support to Open Awards to develop and continually improve assessment activities and associated resources.
- Provide support to allocated Open Awards’ providers to ensure learners receive a high-quality experience.
- Ensure assessment of learners and apprentices in line with relevant Open Awards assessment strategies, guidance documents and supporting materials, ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Work with the wider Open Awards team to develop and promote the Open Awards end-point assessment and qualification offer to all stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) education and training requirements are met.
External Quality Assurance of Open Awards Pharmacy Qualifications
- To externally quality assure learner evidence for a range of Pharmacy and Aseptics qualifications across a range of providers to ensure that decisions are sound, robust and in line with Open Awards’ and regulatory requirements.
- To undertake compliance reviews of providers to ensure delivery, assessment and internal quality assurance arrangements meet Open Awards and regulatory requirements.
Lead Independent End-point Assessor
- Provide a high-quality independent assessment experience for apprentices and their employers.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of independent end-point assessors (IEPAs) to ensure a consistent and standardised approach to EPA.
- Quality assure assessment activities to minimise risks to assessment validity and reliability.
Additional information about the role and a full person specification can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete the application form together with a supporting statement outlining how you meet the criteria for the post (max two sides A4).
Completed forms should be returned to:
FAO Dr Robin Jackson
Open Awards Estuary Commerce Park, 17 De Havilland Drive, Speke, Liverpool, L24 8RN
Email application to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications for the post is 9:00am on Monday 5th June 2023.