Vernon Jubilee Hospital is seeking a casual Pharmacy Technician. This is your chance to join the newest pharmacy facility in Interior Health and work with state-of-the-art equipment alongside a dedicated Pharmacy team that is working hard to build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health!
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC.Typical Duties And Responsibilities
- Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
- Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
- Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
- Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
- Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
- Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
We are particularly seeking candidates with previous hospital pharmacy experience.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!