# Pharmacist - TFT - PMH - Toronto, Ontario
Job Posting #:
Princess Margaret Hospital
Clinical Site Leader
$45.32 - $55.22 per hour
37.5 hours per week, including days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, and on-call shifts
Temporary Full Time (12 months with possibility of extension)
May 11, 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”
, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”
, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Pharmacist on the PM inpatient team covers all the inpatient units: malignant hematology, stem cell transplant including immune effector cell therapies, medical/ radiation oncology, and the short stay unit.
This role also includes centralized dispensary pharmacy support for evenings and weekends, including CIVA shifts in the inpatient cleanroom, and on call coverage. The pharmacist will work in challenging clinical practices requiring extensive collaboration with well-developed multidisciplinary team, innovation, creativity and compassion. You are expected to have the knowledge, skills, and expertise to work with varied specialized patient populations, for both standard-of-care and clinical trials. Principal responsibilities include working with patients and the health care team to optimize patient outcomes, participating in patient education, participating in teaching of students and residents, providing education to nursing and medical staff, participating in research endeavors, and supporting the drug distribution system.
- Completion of university degree (Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Pharmacy) or PharmD, or equivalent required
- Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada required
- Active registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A) required
- Hospital pharmacy practice experience in oncology preferred
- Hospital pharmacy residency an asset
- Membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/ )
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.