Change Grow Live
are a charity dedicated to the belief that we can make a difference to our Service Users lives. Our core values are ‘Be open, be compassionate and be bold’
and our teams apply these daily, offering support and respect in a safe environment, treating each user as an individual and working with them to find the right treatment and care options.
are integral members of our multi-disciplinary and multi-agency teams, delivering recovery orientated alcohol and drug intervention services. Offering care for presenting clients, prescribing and/or making amendments to prescriptions of opiate and/or alcohol substitute treatments and other related medications, they take a lead role in developing the prescribing clinic, acting as a point of contact for other workers and partner agencies around prescribing issues.
£45,274.94 - £50,521.02
About the role
- Assess, diagnose, plan; implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for service users
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness appropriate to service user needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and local protocols, and within scope of practice
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the service user in complex, urgent or emergency situations seeking immediate advice and direction from the Clinical Lead if needed
- Assess, update, and refer service users for BBV vaccination and immunisation programmes. Support service users to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles
- Communicate effectively with service users and carers, anticipating barriers to communication and recognising the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding, cultural background and preferred ways of communicating
- Maintain effective communication within the organisational environment and with external stakeholders, acting as an advocate for service users and colleagues where necessary
- Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures
- Assess effectiveness of care delivery through self and peer review, benchmarking, and formal evaluation. Be actively involved in the annual appraisal system
- Qualified pharmacist with current GPhC registration and two years’s post qualification experience OR First level registered nurse with a current PIN AND three years post qualification experience
- Qualified Non-Medical Prescriber
- At least one year’s relevant and recent experience of working within substance misuse treatment
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of harm reduction and health promotion interventions
- Ability to assess and recovery plan service users and formulate written reports as necessary
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Full driving licence and access to own transport, or ability to demonstrate easy movement between services, if necessary
What we will give to you
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Protected CPD time
- Free access to the RCNi learning platform
- Annual reimbursement of your NMC fee
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- Protected monthly NMP forums
Please read attached Job Description for a more detailed out line of responsibilities and Person Specifications
If this sounds like you and you would like to begin your journey with Change Grow Live,
then we would love to talk to you.
CGL points 43 to 48 (£45,274.94 - £50,521.02)
N/A - Outside London Weighting Area
Gail Robinson | firstname.lastname@example.org | +447795127894
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.